I have been very lazy lately, because I had almost all school leaving exams finished. I occassionally uploaded some regular special demos and I didn't have ideas for some custom demos to add to the Wiki. Hopefully, I will start planning to make them next week (25-26/05/2017) until I finish all the exams altogether.Read more >
All the regular 108 demos have been added! Just letting you know that the main issue lineup has been accomplished.Read more >
This is a list of renders of various games seen in the front covers of various OPM discs (may not be complete) and where did they orginate:
- WipEout trilogy (few Vol.1 discs)
- The Italian Job
- World's Scariest Police Chases
- Driver duology
- Ghost in the Shell
These are just findings of the game clips (by titles) that appear in the Demo 1 V6-7 intro except the PlayStation/limp oriented visuals.
- MediEvil (some clips)
- Final Fantasy VII (including Aeris' death scene(!))
- Tekken 3 (snippets from the trailer)
- Bust-A-Groove (intro)
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (snippets from the trailer)
- Spyro the Dragon (snippets from the trailer)
- Parappa the Rapper ('I Gotta Believe!' sequence)
- Gran Turismo (intro)
- Ghost in the Shell (intro, shown once)
I've added an another volume of my demo disc series for a surprise. This volume contains, for the first time ever, IMPORTS(!) for each of them.Read more >
Just letting you know that I added the Christmas category for the holiday themed demos. Also, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to the whole communty and everybody!Read more >
I think I should add more members in to expand the fan demo community. I also think it would be a good idea to promote the wiki to the fans. Should I do it? I mean, if I could have more members, then I wouldn't have to painstakingly add every single demo ever, or how about the forum discussions, or polls of some sort? Also, I'd like to have some fanon demos not only made by myself, but from other people. It could be like a precursor of a demo hacking community.Read more >
I've added alot of the French demos today, and I've reached the 125 milestone! I think I'll add the multipacks feature that I promised.Read more >
By the time I earn the 125 pages milestone, I'll start making the multipacks that I gave the idea earlier if I would.Read more >
I can't play any version of the Rollcage demo, because of this error:
"unknown opcode 00000001 at 00000008"
Is there a solution to this problem?Read more >
I've completed the '99 German issues series, including the special demos. I'll complete more of the series in the future.Read more >
A moderately big update of German and French demo discs as you can see.
I think I'd add more of them tomorrow.Read more >
This is a wishlist for playables that weren't put up on the Demo Discs. Mine are as follows:
- Need for Speed series
- Final Fantasy series
- Japanese Net Yaroze games converted from NTSC to PAL
But what I wouldn't like to have are:
- Bubsy 3D
- Barbie: Explorer
- Elmo's Number/Letter Adventure
What are your suggestions for your own wishes for not used playables?Read more >
A list of the Net Yaroze games that are listed in my personal opinion:
- Blitter Boy - the best arcade game ever! It won the Net Yaroze 1st anniversary compo hosted by Edge.
- Terra Incognita - some people from Squaresoft/Square-Enix worked on this, which is pretty satisfying.
- Haunted Maze - I kinda like maze games.
- Clone - the scariest game, in a good way.
- Super Bub Contest - an unique puzzle game which you must check out.
- Total Soccer Yaroze - not a fan, but great port.
- Psychon - great shooter, except that Game Over screen.
- Games by Matt Verran (Robot Ron, Roller) - these are greatly programmed games with nice visual effects.
- Between The Eyes - I don't mind about epilepsy. Still great though.
- Hover Racing - an awesome racing game from Japan that won t…
Read more >
I would like to introduce to you... MULTIPACK DEMO COMPILATIONS! These discs are inspired from the bootleg Famiclone Multicart compilations. I wanted to do this, because I'd like to make my whole Ericorsio's Essentials Extravaganza series into a 4-in-1 multipack since it's the (late) 20th anniversary of OPSM. If they'd exist in reality, they would be available as a Blu-Ray (or bigger capacity) disc for PS3. Do you like my demo compilation idea?Read more >
After Euro Demo 64, the demos started slowly going downhill with the reused classic playables. I mean in the 21st century, there weren't that many games released, except for Firebugs, Alfred Chicken, Stuart Little 2 and such. These were some of the moments when Future Publishing had decided to put these classic demos with all the magazine's monthly 'specials'. Some were good, like Euro Demo 77, 86 (Fight Club), 101 (Summer Sizzlers) and all of the 2004 demos, some were just plain bad, like Euro Demo 99 (Super Heroes Special). Some of the demo discs share the exact same playables 5 demos after, like the whole Driver series both in Euro Demo 95 (Perfect Ten) and 100 (100th Issue Extravaganza). Even the backgrounds were used way too often, li…Read more >
Can you find me the module from the Demo 1 underwater interface? I can't find it elsewhere! I remember that I used to have it years ago and I used to make music off of these samples.
EDIT (26/05/17): Good news! I found a way how to download the module (+samples!)! Just go to this YouTube video and you can also download the module too if you want it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Xbi9zliuQ
Thanks to t0rxe for everything that is supplied!Read more >
Should I make seperate pages about the Playables or something? Like an in-depth description of the Cool Boarders 2, Kula World, Tekken 3 demos and other games?Read more >
As the title says, what are the worst videos on the OPM series?
These are my following:
Run of the Month (all of them)
Goal of the Month (all of them)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 Tips (They were useless back in 2002, no one wanted that)
Any video that doesn't show proper gameplay or what is the game aboutRead more >
What is the worst playable demo you've ever played (childhood, emulator)? Mine are as follows:
- Battle Arena Toshinden (the original) - The AI on the opponents is way too hard.
- Destruction Derby 2 - They picked the expert car that has the worst handling.
- Novastorm - I can barely play it.
- Any strategy game
- ESPN Extreme Games
- Courier Crisis
- Colin McRae Rally - I suck at rally games.
Can someone make a logo for the Wiki please? Maybe get a POWERLINE logo and type "Fanon Wiki" with the font (I don't even know what font they used for it...) from the logo under it or something like that? Maybe a different idea? Just something. I'd be very much appreciated for your effort.Read more >